Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, June 16, 2008

i don't know where to start its been so long since i posted something.

i'm behind in marathon training. i miscalculated when week #1 was supposed to start (i was off by a week) but then we went to LA anyway so i most likely wouldn't have been able to keep up during those days.


an october '08 wedding is a strong possibility. under the guise of life is short and we are excited to get on with it. we don't live together and that is really tough. we want to see each other every day! at first we eliminated october and focused on june '09. but the more we explored, talked with a pastor, and received feedback from family and friends, we knew we had the support we needed to make it happen in october. we aren't getting any younger.

i made a proactive statement / agreement that i would cut down on marathon training this summer and attempt to be less intense about the whole thing in general. do i want to run a 4 hour marathon in october? yeah i guess i still do, but i have a ton of fun running in it and training. maybe my cut-back in miles will serve me well somehow? we'll see how it all shakes out. but i'm not going to be following last year's pfitz plan exactly, i'll have to trim it down somehow.

we had a great time in LA. we spent 4 hours by the pool on day #1 and unfortunately we could not go back on day #2. we used sunscreen but i guess it didn't work that well because we got burned. hey we live in MN and we had no spring this year!

4 Comments:

  • Oh my cuteness.

    I've also been nursing a pretty bad burn. It makes exercise pretty much impossible. Mine took over a week to really feel better.

    I'll mark my calendar for October. :)

    By Blogger Mia Goddess, at 7:43 PM  

  • la? you were in la? and you didn't say hi? booger. just for that, i'm getting you guys a bag of coal for your wedding gift. pfffft!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:59 PM  

  • I haven't read your blog for awhile but I always check back just because I've been wating to see this exact post! I've been waiting anxiously ever since you bought your house.

    Congratulations!

    Wedding planning is kind of a nightmare, and sometimes my husband and I wished that we had just gone off to an island to get married, but in the end it was worth it. Ours was a great day, and I'm sure yours will be too, no matter what you decide. (or already have, I haven't read all the posts yet....)

    By Blogger Helen, at 6:09 PM  

  • Ok, so I commented on the wrong post. But you get the idea, right.

    By Blogger Helen, at 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home