Poignant Irrelevance

Friday, April 04, 2008

pt

i've hired a personal trainer! crazy. i had reached the depths of apathy regarding my lack of strength and lifting weights altogether. not only was i failing to be consistent but i didn't care much any more.

time to shake it up! i had my second session last night. it is interesting. this isn't a trainer that follows me around at a big gym, its in a real small place where they work with you one-on-one. they also try to get you on track with nutrition.

i'm not sure how much i'll write about it, but...maybe?

first they gave me a body-fat, strength, and aerobic fitness assessment (this was a couple weeks ago). i rank way high in the aerobic fitness area (resting HR 48 etc), but body-fat sucks, and strength sucks.

i'm signed on through june, which butts up right against the beginning of marathon training. one of the goals here is to make noticeable improvements and then get motivated to keep it going. my running might suffer a little bit here initially but at the end of the day, i really need to work on changing my body composition. i realize that.

the most challenging thing is fitting it in with my travel and work schedule. i am hopeful.

happy friday dudes!

4 Comments:

  • I hope you will write about it! I've been thinking of hiring a trainer for a few sessions - you know we workout out at home in our garage, and I'm wondering if I can get an expert to come out and help us with form on OUR equipment, with what we have to work with, and maybe give suggestions on how we can set it up better.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 8:42 AM  

  • hey, this is super cool! i totally want one too! maybe when i get a job! :)

    -audrey-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 AM  

  • How great! I've really been thinking about hiring a trainer, too! I'd love to hear about the different things he has you doing!

    By Blogger Rae, at 8:50 PM  

  • That's great! You'll get a lot out of it, I'm sure. Good luck and take before/after measurements and pics (even if you don't share them with us).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home