Poignant Irrelevance

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

the pain

i just had the 2nd most uncomfortable, excruciating run of my entire life tonight (M#1 takes the top spot).

i had 10 'easy' on the schedule, and ended up running 9.5 at an average pace of about 9:53.

apparently i had too much fiber today, and my decision to eat dinner with about 1.5 hours to go before i headed out the door was plain stupid.

the last couple of miles hurt so bad i had to walk a little. i thought i might not make it back home with clean shorts. ha ha! ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the pain. the pain!!!!!!

a few times i looked over my shoulder to see if anyone was within earshot of me. regardless, i couldn't even risk letting out some air for fear she would blow!!!

i thought i would never make it back home. as soon as i got in the door, i grabbed some mail (always have to have something to read in there), and headed straight for the bathroom.

my splits were as such:
9:45
9:24
9:23
9:24
9:03
9:24
9:38
10:14 (ohhhh..)
11:37 (OHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
10:49

whew. never again. would you believe i was listening to steve runner's show, "Repulsively Running"? it was not psychosomatic, i swear.

4 Comments:

  • ha! sounds like me during my one & only marathon...I decided to have GrapeNuts for breakfast that morning (great source of carbs, right?). Well, I had never eaten GrapeNuts before...and my digestive system didn't know what to think of this big bowl of bowel producing cereal. Needless to say, focusing on my intestinal pain kept my mind occupied during the 4 hour run!

    By Blogger lainb, at 10:47 PM  

  • I feel your pain ... cause I've felt that pain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:33 AM  

  • oh...i've SO been there. sometimes you've just got to squat in the bushes and do the crappy crack waddle for the rest of the run...

    unless you live in california and have sycamore trees with HUGE fuzzy leaves lining the trails that you run. ;)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:22 AM  

  • I know it's cruel to laugh at you, but I'm doing it anyway.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home