Poignant Irrelevance

Thursday, June 28, 2007

i had a great run tonight. the weather was very cooperative for once, which helped a ton. i ran 8.6 miles at what turned out to be an average pace of 8:46. the whole run felt very, very comfortable. i did not check my pacing until i got home and downloaded the run....i just thought i would go out and run comfortably and see how it would turn out. nice!

yesterday's 5-mile run on the other hand, sucked. my knees felt wonky after my speedwork from the night before. i've never been one for speedwork as my body doesn't seem to react to it very well. oh well, that was yesterday! i went for a leisurely bike ride after that crappy 5-miler (yesterday) to enjoy the night and my newfound neighborhood.

i just love it here. every night i amazed that i landed here. love it! i am very thankful of my health, family, friends, everything. its cheesy, but i just feel so blessed. tonight i just wanted to high-five the sky, the big Man above.

my new thing is to look in the mirror every morning after i wake up and say to myself, i am in the best shape of my life. i am in the best shape of my life, repeat, repeat, repeat. it helps me to be in the right mindset for the day. rather than my usual, you suck, i can't believe you suck so bad, blah blah. hehehe!

funny how little positive affirmations can affect your outlook, even if the affirmation comes from yourself.

regarding my sister's 5k race, well, there was one point during the race that i just couldn't talk because i was so excited and happy that we were running our first race together. i might have hyperventilated or something. ha ha! my sister has been at most of my races (including both 'thons and all 3 get-in-gears) to cheer me on. this time, she was the one who worked so hard, and it was just great to be able to share in the experience of her first ever race!!!!! woohoo, go k!!! there will be more races, and i'm looking forward to each one.

3 Comments:

  • Congratulations K!!

    By Blogger M@rla, at 6:27 AM  

  • It is awesome to see you so happy. I like your positive affirmation deal; I think I'll start trying that. Good stuff!!
    Thanks for all your encouragement and support. I don't think I'd be running if it weren't for you! I still can't believe I finally ran a race with you! I too kept thinking the whole time, "Are we really doing this?! Am I really running with B?!" hahaha it was awesome. Can't wait for more!!
    ~K

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 AM  

  • Good for you!! It's an amazing feeling to be in a place you love, having the time of your life.

    By Blogger Rae, at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home