Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, September 25, 2006

no kissing *hacheww!*

the biggest fallout from my travel last week has turned out to be my erratic diet. i had trouble getting back on track this weekend. plus, i have some work stress going on that has lead me to snack a few times when i wasn't hungry. not so good!

there's not much else to report. i've been sort of checking the weather for sunday, but not with any confidence. the weather pundits are not accurate here in mn, that is a given. plus the weather changes with each day. so we'll see!

i have a feeling its going to be colder this year. i need to find some gloves to keep warm before the start. currently they call for showers on thurs, fri, sat, and partly cloudy on sunday--low 45, high 62. but things could easily shift around.

my gf has a cold. it began to brew while i was out of town. i hadn't seen her for something like 3 or 4 days. i did briefly consider trying not to see her this weekend but i was too weak, i caved. she warned me, and said that it was up to me as to whether or not she would come visit. i think i lasted about an hour before i called her while pleading, "do you feel any better yet?"

her mom told her that she was not allowed to kiss me. ha ha. well, needless to say, once we saw each other, well......heh. darn. well i think i'm in the clear with only 5 more days. i think i might have to not see her until race day though. we'll see how that goes.

4 Comments:

  • cooler weather is better!!! that's great news!!

    and you are weak!!!!! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 PM  

  • Ahhhh, true love. But Brent, NOW is not the time to get sick:)

    By Blogger susie, at 4:42 PM  

  • air born. You can get it at a health food store. Trust me, I am around the skeezy germs of a thousand rug rats every day. It's called airborn.

    ps ~ it was raining when I ran in Seattle, and, stay with me, I ran with socks on my hands. Don't laugh! Kept me cozy and I didn't mind dumping them when I was all sweatin' it up.

    By Blogger Mia Goddess, at 9:21 PM  

  • You are weak...just kidding..
    Why does it always seems like the people around us get sick very close to the marathon...ugh..

    By Blogger D, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home