Poignant Irrelevance

Sunday, December 04, 2005

thank you for the bday wishes. it was a great weekend. family + fun + friends + good food. it was great. i thought it went perfectly. very relaxing and very good company.

tonight we did chest. i think it ended up being about 10 sets total. 4 flat db presses 12 rep per set range, 3 incline sets 10 rep range, and flat flyes 3-4 sets also 10-12 rep range. i think it was a pretty good workout. one of my buddies stopped over and we lifted w/the weights in my apartment and watched football.

the temp here has been in or near the single digits when including the wind chill factor. i'm not brave enough for that. 20's i can handle but nothing in the low teens for me, i'm a wimp. guess i have to get on the treadmill this week instead.

next up will be a good biceps (and maybe tri's) workout. not sure about my running goals for the week, i feel too non-committal about it at the moment.

7 Comments:

  • Brent:

    Belated happy birthday, I really enjoy your blog. I have been trying to live healthier myself of late - but I have a long road ahead of me to get fit.

    As a birthday present of sort I am making your blog "Link of the Week" on my blog. Every week I recognize a blog, podcast or site that I think is worth recommending to the few reader I have.

    I am 36 by the way, and if you ask me the 30's are 10 times more interesting then the 20's. So enjoy.

    G.R.

    By Blogger 40 Something, at 10:08 PM  

  • Happy belated birthday! The 30's are fast and fabulous, enjoy next decade!

    By Blogger Jack, at 4:17 AM  

  • Hey! Happy belated birthday - glad you had a good one (or two) ;)

    I agree with G.R. - my 30's were when my life really took off! Have a great 4th decade!!

    By Blogger Lara, at 9:18 AM  

  • Brent,
    First, Happy Belated Birthday!
    Second, I have a moustache, so last winter, when I did a long run in 9 degree weather, I developed moustachecicles. Let me tell you that very little makes you feel more like a badass runner than walking into the gym with icicles in the moustache. Get the right clothes and get out there! Trust me, people will be impressed. (Oh, but don't talk to the ladies until after the "frozen snot check.")

    By Blogger Scooter, at 9:55 AM  

  • Brent,

    Happy birthday. You should be excited (as a runner) to turn 30. It's a new age-group and it's probably the easiest age-group in the Twin Cities.

    By Blogger Chad, at 12:08 PM  

  • happy belated birthday!!!!!

    By Blogger Tiggs, at 12:58 PM  

  • You are so cute with your "etc"! And no, you don't have to choose, at least not until one of them asks about exclusivity. :-P

    By Blogger Denise, at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home