Poignant Irrelevance

Saturday, December 17, 2005

random facts thing..

1. i once backed into a mailbox while turning around on a dead-end road. it dented my trunk. upon picking up my car after it had been fixed at the autobody shop, i was subsequently hit from behind on my way to work. i drove back to the autobody shop, where i had been just 5 minutes ago. "weren't you just here?" they said. yup, that was me. took another week or so to get the car back.

2. at one of my meetings this week, an executive whom i did not know came up to me and started up a conversation w/me....he lead with, "so, did you just graduate from school?". this happens a lot, i'm used to it (i'm 30 for those that haven't been following along). i use it to my advantage whevenever possible. use your imagination.

3. i strongly dislike going to movies in the theater. particularly with a date. i avoid it at all costs; i have to be in just the right mood. i watch 2 movies a year in the theater at the most. watching DVD's at home on my home theather setup: better.

4. i have NEVER had a sip of alcohol (including wine/beer/other) in my apartment or in my place of residence, ever. i'm not saying this is good or bad, its a random fact.

5. i lose things. while it doesn't stress me out, it stresses out everyone else i'm with which i find interesting. my cash card has been lost for about 10+ days. usually when i call in to report it lost, i find it the next day. yeah this has happened multiple times in the past. i've been holding out hope that i'll find it. i'll give it another day?

couple of random shots from my recent travel..










3 Comments:

  • Yeah, I still occasionally get the 'are you old enough to work' thing. I don't think I've ever used it to my advantage, though. I've mostly used it to get even and audited the hell out of people who said it to me (when I was in public accounting).

    By Blogger Rae, at 9:22 AM  

  • I love it that people never believe my age. I'm also still trying to figure out what that last picture is. :-)

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 9:24 PM  

  • That last picture looks to be the left side of a chair Brent is sitting on, with his bag hanging down below the chair.

    I might cure you of #4 after the new year. :-)

    By Blogger Shawn, at 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home