Poignant Irrelevance

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I had a little check-up recently. Resting heart rate: 48. Blood pressure: 100/76. The exam-taker asked, "are you a runner"? Well lady, its actually a long story I said. Nah I didn't say that, i just responded with a "yep".

i'm actually not much of a runner lately. Running twice a week is about my max right now. I'm hoping mid- to late-may will be the time i can settle back down a little bit. i'm putting hours like 6:30am to 9pm. Easter Sunday was my first full day off in 2-weeks. It is what it is! Just have to get over this initial hump and then it should get a little more reasonable.

Very difficult to eat well right now, and obviously i'm not getting enough rest. Just have to get over this initial hump, I keep telling myself.

one of the tough parts about going through this little phase is that, i know this line of work is so suited to me. it doesn't define me, but i will say that it fits so perfectly into every intellectual and psychological part of my psyche. balance is always good though. need more balance. and more rest. and maybe some fruit. and i should drink water (have i mentioned they give us unlimited free pop? oh dear, i choose not to disclose my pop drinking habits).

3 Comments:

  • It's hard to call it an "initial hump" when it lasts more than 6 months... At that point, it just "is".

    I think you should expand more on why you think it fits so perfectly. I'd argue there are other (less stressful) things in life that might fit just as perfectly, but you haven't found them yet.

    And trust me, neither have I.

    By Blogger Shawn, at 9:02 PM  

  • put down the pop and back away from the can...slowly, slowly. thaaat's right, now pick up that bottle of water...

    By Anonymous jeff, at 11:25 AM  

  • Watch out for that soda. Maybe you'd better start the gum habit again :)

    By Blogger gingersnapper, at 6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home