Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, February 20, 2006

chi town

ok well i don't know any good way to follow my previous post about R's mom. i've been thinking about it off and on today. it puts this little pit in my stomach when i think about it. i can only pray for her and the family.
--------------------

chicago was fine, i survived. i met the family--they are nice and fun. without going into too many details, the reason for everybody gathering in chicago was for a surprise party (not to meet me). but i was invited and it was also a nice chance to meet everybody.

on chicago: my two unique/random observations about the city are 1) everybody's cars were really clean. i mean, shiny and sparkly clean. i thought that was odd given they live in a winter zone like we do in MN 2)people in chicago dress really well. one of the best dressed cities i've visited. not like i'm a world traveller but that's just my observation.

i saw j0e m0ntana and his wife at one of the hotel lobbies. there were 5 people in the 1st floor lobby: my gf, me, joe, joe's wife, and the bellboy dude. i did a double-take. it was cool. we talked about his career and he asked us out to dinner....ha ha, nah we didn't say anything to him but i stared openly until our elevator arrived. i did get confirmation from some other guests that it was him.

easily the most uncomfortable moment for me was when all 8 of us (including me) were at the 'zza joint and her mom asked me (in front of her dad and all siblings/in-laws): "do you think she snores when she sleeps? does she usually sleep like this?" i think i may have blushed and then i replied: "well...yes...i have seen her fall asleep like that". if you don't get it, i don't want to explain it. after my answer, her mom complimented me on my tactfulness. heh.

that is all for now. i should get some rest. i posted a few pictures below. later dudes.

7 Comments:

  • VERY clever reply. but i mostly can't believe she asked that!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 PM  

  • ha! i guess her mom didn't think anything of it. i would have blushed too!

    By Blogger lainb, at 10:36 PM  

  • Hey! You were in my neighborhood. :)

    Too funny about the her comment. Nicely handled.

    By Blogger Iron Jayhawk, at 12:54 AM  

  • That's funny. Chicago is a great place, I love visiting there. At least they didn't ask you when you guys are going to get married and have kids!

    By Blogger Rae, at 10:08 PM  

  • I ate at the giordanos 3 weeks ago! try Garrett's popcorn. Give up healthy food for 1 hour, and gorge on carmel and cheddar mix. it is SO worth it.

    I'll be in chicago 5 more times this year, perhaps an RBF run

    By Blogger HouseRunner, at 10:30 PM  

  • Chicago is the best town ever - love it! Glad you had so much fun with her family, too. (How could they not love you???)

    By Blogger Denise, at 3:23 PM  

  • *laughing* Oh I gotta remember that when I meet my daughter's boyfriend...lol...lol...lol.

    Good answer.

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home